On December 14, 2018, two contracts were signed at the headquarters of the Maritime Office in Gdynia for the performance of construction works under the project "Modernization of the breakwaters system in the Northern Port in Gdańsk":
- for construction works in the field of renovation and extension of the existing island breakwater for the amount of PLN 367 692 176.55 gross and - for construction works related to the construction of a new protective breakwater for the gross amount of PLN 239,729,758.68.
The general contractor for both contracts is the Consortium of companies: PORR S.A. ul. Hołubcowa 123, 02-854 Warsaw (LEADER) CYES MARITIME WORKS S.L. c / Botanico Cavanilles 28, 46010 Valencia, Spain ROVERPOL Sp. z o.o. ul. Rzymowskiego 30/221, 02-697 Warsaw
Minerals DC Nowak is a key partner of this investment. In addition to the supply of aggregates for the production of concrete mixtures, prefabricated caisson elements and the breakwater structure, we also supply the material directly to the structure. The total volume of deliveries is close to 1,000,000.00 tonnes. The breakwater at the Northern Port in Gdańsk and the modernization of its system is one of the first DREDGING & OFFSHORE works for our company in Poland. We hope that this branch of our activity will constantly develop, helping us gain a leading position in our domestic market.
The project is co-financed by the Cohesion Fund under the Operational Program Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020. The period of execution of both contracts is 30 months from the date of signing the contract.
The investment, consisting in the modernization of the system of protective breakwaters in the Northern Port, is located in the Gulf of Gdańsk in the vicinity of the Port of Gdansk and concerns a water area owned by the State Treasury. As part of the project, it is planned to expand the breakwaters system responsible for covering the eastern side of the Northern Port. The project will cover the area of approx 232 ha (including the area of dredging works will be approx 145 ha) and will cover:
- renovation of the existing island breakwater (653.0 m long),
- construction of a new protective breakwater on the extension of the existing island breakwater (the total length of the new structure will be 853.0 m),
- renovation of the north island breakwater (1625.0 m long)
- construction of a bird platform, which will be located between the existing island breakwater and its planned extension,
- construction of a new "South-East" breakwater (826.0 m long),
- execution of dredging works on the designed fairways and turntables along with the appropriate arrangement of navigation markings.
On July 28, 2016, an agreement was concluded between the Center for Unijnych Projektów Transportowych and the Director of the Maritime Office in Gdynia for the preparation of an out-of-competition project (pre-contract) No. 3.2-4 / 16-00_P.
On August 29, 2018, an agreement was signed for co-financing the project no. POIS.03.02.00-00-0010 / 17-00. The total value of the project is 719 million, including EU funding of approx 611 million.
(source: Gdynia Maritime Office).